Washers all share a common problem: they break down at the most inconvenient times. River City Appliance seldom gets a call about a washing machine that politely forewarned its owners before disaster struck. No, because washers love grim surprises! For example:
- The water pump freezes right before the tub is supposed to drain.
- A belt breaks just before the spin cycle, leaving your clothes completely soaked.
- An outlet clogs with lint, flooding your house or garage with backed-up water.
In any of these situations, visiting the laundromat becomes a necessary evil, unless you are on very good terms with your neighbors. Either option eventually becomes a frustration. That’s why people buy washing machines!
River City Appliance suggests that to prevent washer madness, you should perform the following checks regularly:
- Pay attention to the sounds your washer makes when it’s working: squeaks, squeals, and grinding noises are not normal. Notify River City Appliance of any unusual developments with your washing machine.
- Clean rubber seals regularly to prevent mold and mildew.
- Clear pipes and drains of any blockages.
- Many washers have a trap for lint, strings, hair, coins and other things that might damage water pumps. Clean it out monthly
Additional checks may be needed, based on the manufacturer’s recommendations. Get to know your owner’s manual and read the section on maintenance for their suggestions. If you suspect that your washing machine needs repair and want to prevent a clothing disaster, contact River City Appliance by phone or online today!