We use freezers for two reasons: to keep cold things cold and to save money by storing food we caught ourselves or that we bought on sale. So when the freezer fails, there goes its main reason for existence! All that ice cream melts away and our food savings go into the garbage — quite literally.
So River City Appliance of Sacramento understands the sense of urgency during a freezer failure. If the washing machine quits washing or the dryer quits drying, you can hit the laundromat or dig a little deeper into the dresser drawer for that old pair of underwear. But when the freezer quits, you’re calling your friends, neighbors and relatives asking for places to store stuff and help eating the Ben & Jerry’s!
When your freezer quits, make sure to have the following information handy so that your visit can be as productive as possible:
- The make and model of your freezer or refrigerator is essential.
- Describe any problems the freezer was having before it failed.
- Were there any unusual noises coming from the freezer that had you wondering if it was time to throw a freezer food party?
- Was the freezer having trouble keeping things cold in the days before failure, or was it overfrosting?
- Have you had problems with the freezer before?
- If you have an extended warranty plan, please make sure to provide us with the details of this plan when you request a visit, such as the name of the plan, the provider and the policy number.
- And always make sure the freezer is plugged in, turned on, and that the breaker switch does not have to be reset at your electrical breaker box.
With the full details, we can get to work right away on your freezer, using parts in our extensive inventory or from one of the convenient suppliers here in Sacramento. For more information, give us a call or write online and one of our friendly staff members will get in touch with you ASAP to help you deal with your freezer failure!
Schedule Freezer Repair